Friday, August 11, 2017

Farewell old friends.

Friday, August 11, 2017
Leaving precisely on time, we left Kyoto on the Hikari Express 464 for Tokyo.  I was forced to bid farewell to my trusted flip flops.  After they have been with me for the whole trip, Cindy said enough was enough.  An unfortunate roll over in South Africa required that the one spend the rest of the trip wrapped in duct tape (glad I brought a roll).  I pleaded that I still had duct tape left to have them make the trip home, but I was voted down.  They were good shoes and I will miss them deeply.
After arriving in Tokyo precisely on time, we did a subway and then Luke managed to direct us to our apartment.  Funny, he is always the slowest one, put a phone with GPS in his hand and suddenly no one can keep up to him.  The apartment is roomy compared to our previous box.  After getting settled, we find a little restaurant down the street.  Although they were tired of it, the boys went for another helping of Katsu don.  Cindy and I changed up our meal for the night.  We then walked into Shinjuku area.  True big city living.  Friday night, lots of people out and bright lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment